- 06 / 18 : $70 million into Cape Breton’s health-care upgrade and project manager says all is well
- 05 / 25 : ‘The town changed and not by design’: New Waterford wellness centre to pay long-term community dividends
- 05 / 25 : Canada and Nova Scotia invest in new community wellness centre to support the health and wellbeing of New Waterford residents
- 05 / 16 : Work at New Waterford community hub begins
- 05 / 12 : Getting a taste of a trade: Skills Canada career showcase gives Cape Breton students future job ideas
Government is inviting bids from companies interested in managing the construction of a major expansion at the Cape Breton Regional Hospital. The Cape Breton Regional Hospital is getting a new emergency department, critical care department and cancer centre. All three services will be part of the new 190,000 square-foot building to be built at the back of the hospital as part of the CBRM Health Care Redevelopment project.