- 05 / 16 : Work at New Waterford community hub begins
- 05 / 12 : Getting a taste of a trade: Skills Canada career showcase gives Cape Breton students future job ideas
- 04 / 05 : Follow Up: New Waterford Community Hub – Community Engagement Session
- 04 / 01 : Population, workforce, and economic growth are converging
- 03 / 31 : New access road to be built for Cape Breton Regional Hospital
On December 13, 2021, the Cape Breton Partnership hosted Community Engagement Sessions at Breton Education Centre for the surrounding community on the ongoing New Waterford Community Hub Project. Each session included representatives who shared updates and details on this significant project from architects and designers, as well as team members from CBRM Health Care Redevelopment, Nova Scotia Lands, Nova Scotia Public Works, Cape Breton-Victoria Regional Centre for Education, Cape Breton Regional Municipality, and Nova Scotia Construction Sector Council.
From CBC Information Morning – Year in and year out, the way you receive healthcare is always an important story. With that in mind, we hear what’s happened so far with healthcare redevelopment in the CBRM, two of the key people involved in the project are: Mark LeCouter is the senior director for the project, Roy MacDonald is head of Project Management Services with the Department of Public Works.
From CB Regional Hospital Foundation: The Cape Breton Building Trades and Unionized Contractors have pledged $500,000 to the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation’s Cancer Care Here at Home Campaign, which will be paid in $100,000 installments over the next five years.