- 06 / 30 : Short-term pain for long-term gain: Sydney businesses to remain open during major downtown redevelopment
- 06 / 28 : Charlotte Street in Sydney redevelopment begins July 4
- 06 / 28 : Officials predict boom in downtown Sydney, N.S. following redevelopment
- 06 / 18 : $70 million into Cape Breton’s health-care upgrade and project manager says all is well
- 05 / 25 : ‘The town changed and not by design’: New Waterford wellness centre to pay long-term community dividends
From Saltwire Network – The project manager overseeing the redevelopment of health-care facilities in the Cape Breton Regional Municipality said Friday he couldn’t be happier with how the project is proceeding.
From Infrastructure Canada – Investing in recreational infrastructure brings communities together. The governments of Canada and Nova Scotia recognize that strategic investments in public infrastructure play a key role in supporting healthy communities while growing the economy and creating good jobs that support the younger generations.
From Saltwire – A group of students crowded around Cole MacDougall as he navigated the steering wheel in front of him. Sitting in Centre 200 in Sydney, MacDougall was using the heavy vehicle operator simulator and the Glace Bay High School student was concentrating hard on the screen.
On December 13, 2021, the Cape Breton Partnership hosted Community Engagement Sessions at Breton Education Centre for the surrounding community on the ongoing New Waterford Community Hub Project. Each session included representatives who shared updates and details on this significant project from architects and designers, as well as team members from CBRM Health Care Redevelopment, Nova Scotia Lands, Nova Scotia Public Works, Cape Breton-Victoria Regional Centre for Education, Cape Breton Regional Municipality, and Nova Scotia Construction Sector Council.