- 05 / 25 : Canada and Nova Scotia invest in new community wellness centre to support the health and wellbeing of New Waterford residents
- 05 / 16 : Work at New Waterford community hub begins
- 05 / 12 : Getting a taste of a trade: Skills Canada career showcase gives Cape Breton students future job ideas
- 04 / 05 : Follow Up: New Waterford Community Hub – Community Engagement Session
- 04 / 01 : Population, workforce, and economic growth are converging
From Construction Pulse Magazine – A decade from now, Cape Breton Regional Municipality is going to look vastly different than it does today thanks to the billion-dollar construction boom that will transform communities throughout CBRM.
From ConstructConnect – With five major publicly funded construction projects in the works worth about $1 billion, Cape Breton Regional Municipality in Nova Scotia, and its population of roughly 95,000, is poised for a mini economic boom.
The Cape Breton Regional Municipality (CBRM) Healthcare Redevelopment project is another step closer to transforming the way health care is delivered in New Waterford and surrounding area, and the communities of the Northside. Government awarded the contract for the construction management services for the New Waterford Community Hub and Northside Health Centre projects to PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
The province continues to move forward with Cape Breton Regional Municipality’s largest health-care project that will improve access and expand services. The province is allocating $38.4 million towards planning and early construction of the CBRM Health Care Redevelopment Project, today, July 2.
Government is another step closer to construction of the Cape Breton Regional Hospital’s new emergency department, cancer centre and critical care department. The construction management services contract was awarded today, Jan. 9, to Pomerleau Lindsay Construction Joint Venture, as part of the CBRM Health Care Redevelopment Project.