Government has issued a request for proposal for the CBRM Health Care Redevelopment Project that will result in improved health-care services in North Sydney.
A request for proposal for design services to build a new, modern community health centre, a 60-bed long-term care home and laundry centre in Northside Business Park was issued today, Nov. 19.
“We’re committed to build health-care infrastructure to meet the needs of people today and into the future,” said Health and Wellness Minister Randy Delorey. “Along with improving access to care and providing services such as x-rays, blood collections, dialysis, cancer screening and more, the new modern health facilities will allow health professionals to work together under one roof and will help recruit and retain doctors, nurses and more.”
Details of the tender are available at http://novascotia.ca/tenders/tenders/ns-tenders.aspx . Construction is expected to begin in fall 2020.
The CBRM Health Care Redevelopment Project also includes:
- an innovative community hub that includes a new school, community health centre and 60 bed long-term care home in New Waterford
- expanding the Cape Breton Regional Hospital with a new emergency department, critical care department and cancer centre
- renovating and revitalizing the Glace Bay Hospital emergency department and surgical services
- the new North Sydney community health centre will offer many of the same health services now provided at the Northside General Hospital
- services will include X-rays, ultrasounds, blood collection, cardiac services, cancer screening, dialysis service, chronic pain and chronic disease management, public health, mental health and addictions and more
- also includes 12 new short-stay beds for patients requiring care such as exacerbated chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), blood transfusions, etc.
- the new 60-bed long-term care home will add 38 new beds to the community and will be attached to the community health centre
- the new, modern laundry facility will process more laundry and improve working conditions for staff
For more information, or to ask questions related to the North Sydney health facilities and other components of the CBRM Health Care Redevelopment project, go to: https://healthredevelopment.novascotia.ca
Nova Scotia Health Authority
Provincial media line: 844-483-3344