- 05 / 16 : Work at New Waterford community hub begins
- 05 / 12 : Getting a taste of a trade: Skills Canada career showcase gives Cape Breton students future job ideas
- 04 / 05 : Follow Up: New Waterford Community Hub – Community Engagement Session
- 04 / 01 : Population, workforce, and economic growth are converging
- 03 / 31 : New access road to be built for Cape Breton Regional Hospital
- This event has passed.
Webinar: Introduction to Selling to Government
February 17, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am UTC+0Free
The Province of Nova Scotia, in collaboration with the Cape Breton Partnership, proudly hosts a series of information sessions focused on Supplier Opportunities stemming from the upcoming public infrastructure projects planned for Cape Breton Island over the next number of years.
These projects represent an unprecedented level of investment in Cape Breton Island and significant opportunities for our residents and business community. Together, these projects will create jobs, opportunities for workforce training for underrepresented groups, and direct benefits to local businesses, communities, and the economy.
Through a comprehensive overview of the public sector marketplace in Nova Scotia, attendees of this session received a sound understanding of procurement in the government context.
Attendees learned information on:
- Where to find opportunities;
- The importance of Ariba Discovery (e-bidding system);
- Tender Opportunity Notification Service (TONS);
- Tender procedures and processes;
- The importance of building networks to promote your business; and
- Understanding the Debrief Process.
The next session in this series is Navigating the E-Bidding System for Suppliers (February 24, 2021).