- 01 / 24 : Cape Breton hospital expansion makes Top 100 projects list
- 01 / 20 : Cape Breton Regional Hospital Expansion makes list of the Top 100: Canada’s Biggest Infrastructure Projects
- 01 / 06 : The right START to a bright future
- 12 / 09 : Northside/Harbourview Hospital Foundation receives $100,000 donation
- 12 / 02 : Marconi no more: New name for NSCC Sydney campus in 2024
- This event has passed.
Building Construction Careers in Cape Breton: Information Sessions
March 23, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm UTC+0Free
Are you interested in a career in the construction industry in Cape Breton?
Join us for the Building Construction Careers in Cape Breton Virtual Information Sessions!
Facilitated by the Cape Breton Partnership, Building Construction Careers in Cape Breton information sessions will take place virtually and involve representatives from the session planning partners, including the Nova Scotia Apprenticeship Agency, CBRM Health Care Redevelopment Project Team, and Nova Scotia Construction Sector Council.
Two sessions are scheduled for March 2021 with follow-up sessions being planned for future dates. Details on the March sessions are:
• Thursday, March 11, 2021 (Part 1 – Introductions) 6pm-8pm
This session will include an overview of the upcoming infrastructure projects for job-seekers, as well as introductory information for those who have not worked in this industry before, have no trade experience, and/or no apprenticeship experience.
• Tuesday, March 23 (Part 2 – Next Steps) 6pm-8pm
This session will include information on training and employment opportunities in the construction industry, specific to the public Cape Breton Infrastructure projects for those who attended the first session, work-ready individuals, job-seekers who may or may not already work in the trades, and/or those who already have experience with apprenticeship.